First off, white potatoes are a definite pass!! We've also tried Sunflower Oil as well and she is doing great with it! I attemted making some muffins today with potato flour....not so good. Oh well. I'll try again at a later date. I'm annoyed at all the flour and pear puree that I wasted today and had to throw away when the muffins didn't turn out.
This afternoon, right around 2:30, I caught Brynn sucking on a baby wipe. I'm still not sure how she got it (there were actually 3 sitting out by her) and I have no idea how long she was sucking on it. We are normally really good about closing them and putting them up when we are done changing her. Anyway, she looked at me like "this is disgusting" and was spitting. I took them away immediately and warned Danny that we may be in trouble in a couple hours. =/
Danny and Cody left for the next few hours and Brynn went down for a nap. She woke up screaming and I knew something was wrong right away. I figured it was time for her to eat anyway, maybe a bottle would calm her down. She drank her bottle, yelling a few times while doing so. When it was gone, she began SCREAMING and throwing herself around. I called Danny and told him to keep his phone handy.
I spent the next 1.5 hrs trying to calm her down or comfort her in any way I could. It was awful. She started gagging and spit up a couple times. She wouldn't even let me hold her. She just rolled around on the floor, scrunching up and stretching out over and over again. I cleared the living room floor of toys so she wouldn't hurt herself on anything. At this point, she started gagging again. I checked the diaper bag to make sure we had our ER letter and a couple extra outfits and diapers for her. I had everything by the door, just waiting to head out. I wasn't about to watch my little girl pass out again. =(
Right at the 1.5 hour mark, she crawled over to me and wanted to be held. She would still scream out every few minutes though. We went and sat out on the deck and she seemed to be distracted by birds and cars going by, so we got our shoes on and went out to play. Roxy (our dog) kept her entertained and she only screamed a couple more times and then appeared to be back to normal, playing, laughing...just seemed tired.
I felt so helpless today. I wasn't in a panic like I have been in the past; I was actually really calm. It just SUCKS knowing there is NOTHING I could do to help. My poor little girl is screaming in pain, and I can't do ANYTHING AT ALL to make it go away. Absolutely HELPLESS. I HATE FPIES.
oooh no. So sorry. I hope she is feeling better tonight. Poor mama too! I hate those wretched wipes. Most of them have corn in them and gave Ellie a reaction as well.
ReplyDelete