Wednesday afternoon, I picked up the kids and headed to my parents house for dinner, then Cody and I needed to leave for preschool. My mom had a few pears, and we decided to use the juicer and give Brynn her first taste of juice! Made it, put it in a sippy (something that she NEVER drinks from...she gets water/Elecare in her mouth and spits it out, then laughs) and she CHUGGED it. Oh my goodness, it was so good to see her actually drink out of a sippy instead of just play with it. One pear does not make much juice and I diluted it with some water as well, so she really didn't drink all that much. But, she drank the entire amount that was in the sippy! =)
The next day, our daycare provided texted me and said that Brynn had pooped 4 times already (and it was only 10AM) and her bottom was so sore. I started thinking....ok what the heck caused that?? She didn't have any new foods, she's not sick...hmmmm. Then it hit me. The pear juice. Pears are a safe food, BUT the juicer has seen many different foods. Apples being the main one. My mom uses it to make Cody apple juice when he's there. At first, I wasn't sure which food the cross-contamination was from, but after seeing Brynnie's bottom, I KNOW that is was from apples. The blistery-hives were exactly the same as they were when we trialed apples 5-6 months ago. Poor baby. Kari (daycare) let her soak in the bath a couple times and let her roam free for 10 mins here, 10 mins there, which seemed to help the soreness.
So, looks as though I need to buy a "Brynn-only juicer".
No comments:
Post a Comment