We had an allergist appt today. And holy crap, Brynn has gained almost 2 lbs!! What a shocker!! Wow, I love that EleCare!! =) He was happy with the way things were going, but wants us to re-trial a couple foods....CORN being one of them. Oh dear lord, I don't know if I can do that! Corn is SO scary--it's in EVERYTHING. I'm afraid that if we trial it again, the reaction will be worse than last time and it will just keep building until we hit a full-on FPIES reaction....the vomitting, lethargy...shock. Terrifying. But he said that he thinks the reason she may have been failing so many foods could have been because of the old formula she was on--and then underlying chronic inflammtion in the gut. So...to trial corn or not to trial corn.
He also wants to trial oats. Another scary food for us. It seems that rice and oats go hand in hand with so many other FPIES kids, but then again, all kids are different and no 2 kids react to all of the same foods. Yikes.
After our appt, B and I met up with our friends, Kendall, Brian and Kara....Kara being another FPIES baby. We went shopping at Trader Joes and Kara just wanted to keep hugging Brynn. So cute!
We trialled blueberries last week and they are a pass! YIPPIE!! At first I had to peel them (Yes, very tedious, but well worth it) and now this week, she is eating them with the peelings. She still spits out most of the skins, but at least I don't have to sit and peel every single one of them anymore! She still doesn't have any teeth, so I cut them in fourths and she does great with them.
Think happy FPIES thoughts for us this week!! Strawberries maybe???
No comments:
Post a Comment