We have our appointment with Dr Helm (Allergist) next Tuesday. I'm extremely anxious. Brynn hasn't even been officially diagnosed with FPIES, yet, here I am, writing on a blog that has FPIES in the title. I'm just so sure that this is what it is. I've read so many articles, forums with other parents telling their stories and everything just sounds so familiar.
Pretty uneventful the past couple weeks around here. We stopped all food trials to let her gut heal and to hopefully get a path to follow from now on from the allergist. Brynn was pretty sick here the past 4-5 days. We actually had her in the ER on Sunday, as she had a 104 temp and we couldn't get it to go down. I won't go into details about the ER trip, but let me tell you...I was NOT a happy camper. Anyway, yesterday she seemed ok in the morning, so we sent her to daycare. When I picked her up, she had a temp. By the time we got home, it was up to 103 again, so I brought her to Urgent Care (our normal dr's office was already closed) and they gave her an antibiotic for possible Strep. To add on to everything, right before I left to bring Brynn in, Cody spiked a temp. He threw up once last night at like 10:30ish. Went back to bed, woke up a couple more times, but never threw up again. They both seem perfectly fine today now! What the heck? I sure am glad though...
So now we continue waiting. Hopefully, on Tuesday, we get some answers and get pointed in the right direction. =) Wish us luck!!
Good Luck!!! I really don't think you'll be dissapointed at all. Be sure to post how it goes!
ReplyDelete