We began a carrot trial yesterday. FAIL. About 2 hours after eating a teaspoon of the homemade carrot puree, she had horrible tummy cramps. My poor little girl was in so much pain, I could barely hold myself together. I was holding her on my hip and she was seriously arching her back to the point where her head was practically touching her feet (think gymnastics and making a bridge). After a rough night of sleep, she did ok today. She only slept a total of 25 mins all day and was more irritable than normal. By bedtime tonight, she seemed to be back to herself.
After her corn fail last week, I'm sure there was a lot of inflammation in her tummy. We could have started a new trial too early, as some kids take up to 14 days to return to baseline. The most important thing right now is to get her back to baseline, so we will stick to her 2 safe foods (pears, sweet potatoes) for at least a week, probably two weeks.
I'm thinking about making an appt with the pediatric GI again (this time one that is familiar with FPIES) to see what he recommends...maybe doing an endoscopy to rule out anything else.
I'm feeling very overwhelmed with all of this right now. Someone posted a link to a corn allergen list and it pushed me over the edge... check it out. http://www.cornallergens.com/list/corn-allergen-list.php Looking at this list (half of the things I can't even pronounce) makes me wonder how I am ever going to find her food to eat. If she can't have anything that's on that list, we are going to be pretty limited. As exhausting as all of this is, I'm really trying to stay positive...
No comments:
Post a Comment