We are adding another food to our "see you later" list. We trialed squash which led to sleepless nights and not-so-fun diapers. It's so frustrating. Especially when I have people telling me that she is 8 months old almost, she should be eating food! Or when our daycare provider is constantly on my case about figuring out a safe food for her because "she's starving all the time". I think she just feeds her anytime she's fussing. =/
With Thanksgiving this week, I feel that it's necessary to think about the little things in life...the GOOD things in life. I am blessed with 2 amazing children who make me laugh each and every day. I love the way that Cody says "I need my mom" all the time. Brynn is crawling now and she crawls to me no matter where I am and just puts her hands on my feet and looks up at me, like "hold me!!" Then comes the huge smile when I pick her up. I'm thankful for my husband, who may not be totally with me yet on this diagnosis, but I think he's really coming along...seeing more and more of what I'm talking about and realizing that we actually have a problem on our hands. I'm thankful for being able to nurse as long as I did with Brynn and now I'm REALLY thankful for formula, which has helped her grow...we are now wearing 3-6 and 6 month clothes people! =) We don't have any completely SAFE foods yet, but the formula is doing it's job. I'm extremely thankful for my mom. She helps out so much...every time daycare is closed, she's there. She's even there to take Brynn over night when I need a break because I can't function at work after those sleepless nights. I feel very lucky to have gotten an appt with Dr. Helm on 12/7. I thought it would be a longer wait, but we could get in in a month! I'm also thankful for the BBC moms who have led me onto the correct path (Dr Helm) and have answered my millions of questions when I don't quite understand a symptom/reaction etc. THANK YOU!!!!!!
A few more: -taking a nap with my little boy (LOVE Sundays)
-a good nights rest (meaning only having to wake up 2-4 times a night) Notice a theme here? LOL
-Really warm socks
-Diet coke
I think that's enough for now. My point is this: Even though there are many frustrating things going on with Brynn right now, there are good things in life that I can't forget about. There are so many unknowns right now and it kills me that I don't know/understand what is going on in her tiny, little body. We are going to stop all food trials until we see Dr Helm on 12/7. That will hopefully give her some time to heal and get back to 'baseline'. Plus, he will hopefully have some answers and perhaps a plan of attack. Aside from everything going on right now, I'm so thankful for the life I have! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment