Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bananas

Well, we began our banana trial on Friday.  Brynn really doesn't like to be fed with a spoon!  She took a couple small spoonfuls on Friday and a couple more on Saturday.  After those initial bites, she turned away and pursed her lips together, wanting NOTHING to do with them.  Sunday, I tried using a mesh feeder.  She LOVED it!  She cried when it was gone! I didn't give her more though--I was nervous that it was too big of a jump in quantity. 

Fri/Sat night I noticed a couple hours after eating them, she got the hiccups.  No other symptoms though.  Sunday, no hiccipus, but she was literally up EVERY HOUR throughout the night.  Sometimes she would cry and was difficult to console, throwing herself around, stiff as a board.  Other times, she would just look at me.  As much as I dislike waking up all night long, she is so dang cute when she just looks at me and plays with my face! =)  It's hard when she is so upset though.  That part sucks.

I was so tired at work all day on Monday.  Luckily, my mom offerred to take her overnight for me.  What a lifesaver. It was AMAZING to sleep through the night...well, sort of. I woke up about 3 times wondering why Brynn wasn't awake yet.  I brought her to my parent's house, and waited until it had been 2 hours after eating her bananas (too make sure they stayed down).  I went back home once she was about to go to bed and I was home just in time to say goodnight to Cody too.  He kept asking where Brynnie was though...he missed her.  (so cute!) My mom said she was up every hour on the hour again, and also awake, screaming, from 2:30-4 and again from 4:30-5.  Ugh.  Poor baby and poor Grandma!  We also noted a small diaper rash. 

So last night, we didn't give her anything.  She slept soooo much better, only waking up to eat pretty much.  YAY!  So, I'm thinking we will get her back to baseline (normal), and then try bananas again.  Another helpful FPIES mom suggested that I try cooking the bananas first...it apparently breaks down some of the proteins so it's less for her to do on her own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment