Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Update and insurance info

Yesterday, we started a probiotic for Brynn.  I broke open the capsule and sprinkled a pinch of it into a syringe with water....she spit it all out. I'm thinking she at least got a little taste of it, which is fine considering I wanted to slowly introduce it to her anyway. This morning, I mixed 2 pinches into her bottle.  The probiotic box says to mix with something cool and NOT to mix it with something warm. I thought we would have issues with it, because she typically likes her bottles warm.  I made it room temperature and she actually drank it..ALL!  I was nervous to put it in her bottle for a couple reasons: 1-the bottle would be room temp and not warm, 2-she hasn't been finishing her bottles lately, leaving an oz or 2. So if she didn't finish her bottle, I had no way of gauging how much of the probiotic she really got.  But, she did it!  YAY!  I'm assuming we will see some die-off symptoms, but hopefully, she can get through those fast, get to a complete dose, and start some food trials! We are getting very antsy over here and want to get her another safe food!  Next foods are white potato (to get some variety and finger foods), blueberries (finger food) and avacado (for its great nutritional value)...and coconut (for its gut-healing abilities).  Can't wait!

We are still in the process of getting the EleCare (elemental, prescription formula) through our insurance company.  They needed pretty much ALL of B's medical history--growth charts and everything from her drs (I believe they talked to a few of the specialists she has seen as well).  So far, the EleCare WILL be covered....but...first we have to meet our yearly deductible and then they will pay 75% of the costs after that. Since formula is B's main source of nutrition, she will be going through a lot of it.  We are looking at a formula that costs approximately $756 a month for the amount that she needs.  Yikes.  We aren't quite sure how we are going to make this happen, but we have to, and we will.  If we can get another couple safe foods for her, we could cut down the amount of formula she needs each day, which will help!  Please pray for some passes!!!!  (And pray for us to win the lottery too haha!)

My beautiful baby girl will be turning 1 tomorrow! Watch for pics!!  Happy birthday Brynn!!  I love you!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday little Brynn! I'm hoping the probiotics work their magic! :) Heather

    ReplyDelete