Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The good people out there

There have been a few FPIES moms that have posted what FPIES has done for them.  Now it's my turn! =)  FPIES has definitely made me a stronger person.  I typically tend to back down easily and just say "ok whatever" in order to avoid conflict.  Now, I fight for what's best for my daughter.  No one can hold me back now, I'm stronger than ever.  =)  Thanks to FPIES, I am now a label-reader.  And wow, there are strange things in some foods!  FPIES has made me an eager, active learner.  I strive for new information on what can help my little B.  I understand things now that never in a million years I thought I would. Most of all, I was reminded that there are still good, caring, kind people out there.  People who check in on us, making sure things are going ok.  People sincerely asking how Brynn is doing with a new food trial.  Knowledgeable people who offer advice/ideas on what may work better for B.  People I can turn to when I'm having a hard time understanding FPIES or just having a difficult time dealing with everything that comes our way because of FPIES.  People who give you ideas on how to fight the insurance companies, trying to get them to cover our children's *only* safe form of nutrition.  People who offer unused cans of extremely expensive formulas to others in need.   People who set out to help you FIND these formulas at a cheaper cost or even no cost.  I am so incredibly thankful for these individuals.  It brings tears to my eyes knowing that numerous people, some who have never even met me or my family face to face, could be so kind, so generous, so amazing.  Thank you THANK YOU all of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment