Thursday, September 15, 2011

No fair Mommy!!!

Yesterday afternoon, Cody asked for a snack.  I got him a snack and set it at the table. He asked for juice, so I grabbed it out of the fridge and poured him some.  Brynn ran up to me and started saying "yeah yeah yeah!!"  I said "ok , let's get your juice!!"  (A few weeks ago I found a pear juice with no other ingredients so it is safe for her)  So I put Cody's juice back in the fridge and pulled out Brynn's pear juice.  She refused to take it and just started crying. I asked her if she wanted a snack and she said "yeah" and ran to the table to get Cody's snack.  I said "sorry honey, that's owie on your tummy".  She threw herself on the floor and started just screaming. So I got her freeze-dried strawberries (her favorite snack), and put her in the high chair. I put some on her tray and she picked every single one of them and tossed them on the floor, screaming and pointing to Cody's snack. If she was able to, she would have been saying "It's just not fair Mommy!!!" 

Up until this moment, she has always seemed to be ok with what she has on her plate and it didn't seem to bother her (or she didn't notice) that her plate/bowl is always filled with something different than what everyone else is eating.  She definitely knew that Cody had a different snack than her yesterday.  I have been dreading this moment for so long. She is beginning to feel left out.   =( 

No comments:

Post a Comment