Saturday, July 30, 2011

Update

It's been a long few weeks. I'm hoping Brynn will start to turn the corner after her tomato fail soon.  =/  Diapers are still not normal, eczema is terrible, mood is all over the place, just like her appetite.  Most of the time, she only wants bottles, with a few decent sized snacks here and there.  She has lost 1 pound as well.  After a struggle with a couple doctors about a week and a half ago, I brought her to a functional medicine doctor to see if they could help at all.  They did a full physical...weight, height included.  I didn't think of it right away, but a couple days later it hit me. I checked what Brynn's height was at her 12 month appt and compared it to the one the dr just did. Exactly the same.  Hmmmm....according to the growth chart, she dropped from the 62nd percentile in height down to the 5th percentile (possibly a common trend in FPIES kids?).  Ugh.  Started calling the doctors again and FINALLY got one of them to help me do SOMETHING. They ordered some stool samples, so we got those taken care of Friday. They are first testing it for bacteria and infection...not want I wanted tested, but I guess you have to start somewhere, right? I'm really hoping that once those tests come back negative (I'm pretty darn sure this is FPIES related and not a bug), they will order a new set of tests to figure out what is going on.

We are also meeting with a new pediatritian on Tuesday. I spoke to her briefly last week and it looks like we may have found a ped willing to help and not just brush us off.  =)  I really hope we have finally found a doctor who wants to be proactive and someone that I can finally talk to when things aren't going smoothly with Brynn. 

Please keep my fellow FPIES families in your thoughts and prayers...there are a few of my good friends that are going through hard times right now with their little kiddos.  Hang in there guys!!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment