Don't worry, we didn't mix oats, eggs and watermelon together. =) We've really picked up the pace on food trials lately and the above items have been the latest ones! We officially have passed oats, which is simply amazing! She can't get enough of her oatmeal! It's such a great feeling to have both kids eating the exact same thing for breakfast (and even dinner lately, lol).
This past Friday evening, we decided last minute to trial eggs. I've been thinking about and wanting to trial eggs for awhile now, so we finally just did it. She seemed to do fine with the few bites she had, slept ok (up a little more than normal, but not a ton). Saturday morning, she had a dirty diaper and my mom changed her right away and she had an instant blistering rash all over her bottom. It continued to worsen the rest of the day and then calmed down on Sunday. Poor girl, it was so sensitive and sore, we decided it wasn't worth giving her anymore eggs for awhile. But now I'm left with...did she actually have a reaction to eggs? Sulfites maybe? Or was it because B's body can't handle corn and chickens eat corn? (I know that whole chicken issue sounds strange, but trust me, it can happen!!) Who knows, but we are staying away for now...no need to push through the pain of not even being able to sit. =(
Last night, spur of the moment again, I gave her some watermelon. It was another food on our list to trial, so I just did it! Cody was having some and she was reaching for his plate. I cut her up a couple small pieces and she loved it. She cried and cried when I wouldn't give her more though. I didn't want to overload her on the very first day of a trial though. If a trace amount of a trigger food can make her vomit til bile and show shock symptoms, I defintely don't want to fill her up on a new food!
Oh! And she FINALLY got her first tooth!! At 13.5 months, wow! =)
wow! You have a lot going on! :) Those eggs are a sticky topic, arent they? what do you know about sulfites?? fingers crossed...maybe watermelon is a go! :)
ReplyDelete:) on the oatmeal!
ReplyDelete