Monday, May 9, 2011

MUFFINS!!!

Brynn's favorite food: Muffins.  A fellow FPIES mom, who comes up with some amazing recipes, posted a recipe for Sunny Bunny banana muffins.  Well, Brynn can't have bananas, so we improvised and figured out something that works for her!  We used sorghum flour (new), potato starch, baking soda (new), sunflower seed butter, sunflower oil, and a natural cane sugar (new).  The first time I made them, I used pears, and just last night I made some with strawberries.  They actually aren't THAT bad!!  =/  The sunflower seed butter (tastes exactly like it sounds, lol), overpowers all the other ingredients, but Brynn LOVES them.  She pushes all other food to the side (well, floor I guess) and asks for more muffins.  She wants nothing to do with strawberries, unless they are freeze-dried. Maybe it's a texture thing again.  Oh well, she can eat muffins!!  This is super exciting--I can use that recipe and make bread, a cake...oh the options!!!!!!! Thanks Amanda!!!

She's still randomly gagging and spitting up from food texture.  Not really the vomitting anymore, which is nice, but I hope she gets over this gagging thing soon! 

Yesterday, we were at my parent's house and we were all chatting on what we were going to have B try next.  I, (sort of jokingly) said oatmeal, and my dad jumped on the idea and within minutes I was making her oatmeal.  I have no idea why I all of the sudden had such courage.  She has been doing so well lately with food trials and I just figured, why not? 

So far, so good. She did fine with 1 tsp last night and had 2 tsp for supper tonight.  Her rice reaction was after the 4th or 5th ingestion so we are not for sure in the clear yet....but like I said, so far, things are going ok!!! YAY!!! I'm feeling pretty empowered right now!!  She has passed every food trial since we switched her formula to EleCare.  We've had a few mishaps (wipe, juicer cross-contamination and increasing her probiotic too quickly), but otherwise, things are going SO WELL!  Thanks for all the continued support!!!

3 comments: