Monday, February 14, 2011

Antibiotics

Brynn started amoxicillin this past Friday for her ear infection.  Her mood was ok all weekend, although extra sleepy and extra clingy.  She was EXTREMELY crabby this morning at daycare, but her mood turned around after she took a long morning nap.  At about 2pm, I get a text from our daycare provider, saying BRYNN THREW UP.  My heart seriously just dropped all the way to my feet as I read the text.  I immediately called her and listened intently to the details.  Crabby this morning, long nap, woke up happy, ate sweet potatoes for lunch, playing like normal...Then, Kari (daycare provider) noticed Brynn playing with something on the floor.  She quickly ran over to see whatever it was that she found, and here my little mischevious girl was splashing around in her vomit, laughing.  She hasn't done it again and it's after 9pm...so what was the cause?  She has never randomly thrown up.  No fever at all.  Doesn't seem to be bothered anymore when I pull/push on her ear.  Antiobiotics.  It has to be.  So I look up the ingredients of amox.  Inactive ingredients: FD&C Red No. 3, flavorings, silica gel, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sucrose, and xanthan gum. 
So...xanthan gum=corn
sucrose=corn
sodium citrate=corn
Uh oh......

When getting her ready for bed tonight, I also noticed the eczema coming back on her legs. Dang it, we just got rid of that!!  So now my head is spinning again.  I'm extremely nervous that the symptoms are just going to keep getting worse.  How sensitive is my little girl to everything?  March 3 seems so close, yet so far away. I can't wait to get to New Jersey to see Dr. J to get some answers.....to point us in the right direction....to help my amazingly sweet, innocent baby girl.....

3 comments:

  1. I hope that her throwing up was getting it out of her system and that her little body can go back to normal. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Berta! Me too!!! Just sucks she needs to be on it for 6 more days. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I hope Baby B is feeling better soon :( I'm going to add you to my blog list, if you don't mind. I just noticed you had a blog, too. (hugs) Heather

    ReplyDelete