Cody (3) and Brynn were playing so nicely the other day. They then came out of the bedroom and asked for a lunch-box. I figured they'd just be shoving as many things as possible inside, likey they do with any other bag/box. So I gave them each their own lunch-box and they went back to their bedroom. I quietly peeked in on them and observed them playing "lunchtime". =) They made a table and chairs with blankets and pillows, and were beginning to pack their lunch-boxes. Brynn started just grabbing any toy food she could find and Cody stopped her, saying, " BRYNNIE!!! You HAVE to be careful. You can only pack safe food for the baby (a doll) so she doesn't get an owie tummy and have to go to the hospital!!!" Brynn said "K" and took the food out and waited for Cody to tell her what was safe for the baby. They enjoyed their lunch, then began to clean up. Cody said, "QUICK! Brynnie! Vacuum up the crumbs!!"
After watching this, I wasn't quite sure what to feel. Upset that they think food can be a dangerous thing? How can something that is supposed to nourish you, be such a terrible, dangerous thing? Or should I be happy? Happy that he is there to protect his baby sister?
I decided to be happy. They need to have this knowledge. This is a new lifestyle for us. This IS our normal, and it's ok. We WILL be ok. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment